These are so good we eat them plain. No butter needed, though if you want to go through all the trouble of getting it out of the frig and getting a knife, etc. be my guest. Actually got this recipe from allrecipes.com (but that was before I found this website...I'll never go back!) ha!
- Mix 2 C flour& yeast.
- In a separate bowl, heat milk, water, oil, sugar& salt to lukewarm in microwave.
- Add all at once to flour mixture and beat till smooth.
- Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough (2-3 Cups).
- Mix well, then turn out onto floured surface and let rest under a bowl for about 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into 12 slightly flat balls and place on greased baking sheet (I actually prefer to use parchment paper-- easy clean-up!) to rise till doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 12-15 minutes.