Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The idea for this resipe came from Kraftfoods. However, it's been tweaked more than a bit and changed into a dish my family enjoys.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen artichokes, quarters
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil sprig, if desired (optional)
- red pepper flakes, if desired (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- Defrost artichoke quarters. Set aside.
- Place tomatoes with liquid in medium bowl. Add garlic, stuffing mix and water; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Stir in additional ingredients of mushrooms, onions, basil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle chicken with mixture; place chicken in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Top chicken pieces with artichokes and stuffing mixture then sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and red pepper flakes if desired.