Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A healthier version, sweetened with honey.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup light spelt flour or 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt chocolate and butter together. Mix in honey, then eggs.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Combine with chocolate mixture. Add vanilla and nuts.
- Bake in a well greased 7x11 or 8x8 pan for 35 minutes at 300°F.
It was so good and a plus heathy
A nice healthy treat. Used a brownie pan and mine looked different than in the beautiful picture, thinner and more dense. Used spelt flour but would like to try with whole wheat as well. Thanks for sharing your recipe!