Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great tasting salad, which can be made ahead and refridgerated up to 3 days. Refrideration time is included in preparation time.
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into small bite size florets
- 1 purple onion, sliced and seperated
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds, toasted
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 59.14 ml imitation bacon bits, for garnish (optional)
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- Wash broccoli, ahead of time and drain well on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients including the broccoli and mix well.
- Combine dressing ingredients, and spoon over broccoli mixture and toss.
- Refridgerate for several hours before serving.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over salad just before serving.
My sis-in-law always makes this salad for family parties, and I keep forgetting to ask her for the recipe...but then, I found THIS recipe and tried it - SUCCESS!!! It's exactly the same! I only had Miracle Whip on hand (instead of Mayonnaise), which made it a bit sweeter, but other than that, it was amazing! And my 2-yr-old boy LOVED it - I didn't think he'd take too well to the raw broccoli, but the sweetness of the dressing and the raisins toned down the "broccoli" taste. I will make this salad over and over again! TY!
This broccoli salad has a great taste. The dressing is perfect. I omitted the salt. With the toasted almonds it was yummy. Thanks Doug :) Made for Market tag game
Made just as directed (for a change *blush*) and it was great. Can't think of anything that I'd change. Great veggie side with the grilled burgers tonight. You can't go wrong with this salad.