Recipe by weekend cooker
A great tasting salad, which can be made ahead and refridgerated up to 3 days. Refrideration time is included in preparation time.
Top Review by lac925
My sis-in-law always makes this salad for family parties, and I keep forgetting to ask her for the recipe...but then, I found THIS recipe and tried it - SUCCESS!!! It's exactly the same! I only had Miracle Whip on hand (instead of Mayonnaise), which made it a bit sweeter, but other than that, it was amazing! And my 2-yr-old boy LOVED it - I didn't think he'd take too well to the raw broccoli, but the sweetness of the dressing and the raisins toned down the "broccoli" taste. I will make this salad over and over again! TY!
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into small bite size florets
- 1⁄2 purple onion, sliced and seperated
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup imitation bacon bits, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash broccoli, ahead of time and drain well on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients including the broccoli and mix well.
- Combine dressing ingredients, and spoon over broccoli mixture and toss.
- Refridgerate for several hours before serving.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over salad just before serving.