1/1 Photo of Tasty Breakfast Granola
This is my favorite version of granola. I have this pretty much every morning for breakfast. I fill a fruit nappie with a couple of generous spoonfuls of greek yoghurt, squirt some honey on top and finish it off with a handful of this stuff. It's delicious and fills me up until mid afternoon. I figure this is the best way to start off anyone's day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (such as canola or safflower)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sultana
- 1/2 cup chopped dried dates
- 1Preheat oven to 325*F.
- 2In a large saucepan set over medium heat, combine the oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, and nuts.
- 4Pour the warm oil and honey mixture into the oat mixture and stir well until combined.
- 5Spray two 12 by 17 inch rimmed baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Spread the mixture evenly between the two pans.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes, stirring several times, until the granola is a deep golden brown.
- 8Cool completely before adding the dried fruit.
- 9Store in an airtight container up to 3 weeks. I often halve this recipe as I would rather make it up fresh every two weeks. It truly is delicious.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Breakfast Granola
Serving Size: 1 (1721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.4
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 11.2 g