Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
My family are not big beef fans. I was looking for an easy and tasty breakfast sausage recipe and finally came up with this on my own after several attempts.
- 1 lb ground deer meat (can substitute lean ground beef)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (if ya like a little spice)
- Doesn't get any more simple than this!
- Mix all ingredients except egg in bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Mix in egg if desired.
- Make into 3-4 inch patties, 1 inch thick
- Cook on grill or stove top as you would for hamburger patties.
These were a delicious alternative to unhealthy pork breakfast sausage (we do not eat pork). My whole family liked them. The only ingredient I didn't have on hand was sage, but plan to get some for the next batch! Yummy!