Recipe by Chef Leigh
mouth watering. this is a recipe that is not my own. it was emailed to me. I made the other day and I must say it was to die for. I made a few changes to the recipe to make it my own. also Try with chicken instead and change the veggies or add more...etc.
- 1 lb beef sirloin or 1 lb top round steak, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (portabello preferred)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups fresh carrots
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of minced onions or 1⁄2 a small onion
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine or 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 7 ounces hot cooked orzo pasta (I used fideo pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat beef with flour.
- Heat oil in skillet--may need to use more then called for. Add beef and cook until brown, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Cook until mushrooms are tendered.
- Add carrots, broth and wine. Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until done.
- Serve over pasta.