Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a lovely BBQ recipe. Fun to sit outside and make yourself. Recipe does not include time to marinade.
- 2 kg chicken breast fillets (cut into thin strips)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ketjap manis (Indonesian soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped (1/2 for sauce, 1/2 for rolls)
- 6 -8 lebanese bread
- 2 ripe avocados
- lemons or lime juice, to taste
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Spanish onions, finely sliced
- 4 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 lettuce, shredded
- Mash the avocadoes with the lemon or lime juice.
- Place garlic, ginger, lime juice, ketjap manis, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and chopped coriander in large mixing bowl. Mix well and add sliced chicken, stir well so all chicken is coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Place avocado, onion, tomato, cheese, lettuce and remaining coriander in separate bowls and bread on a plate (keep covered with a tea towel or it will dry out).
- When BBQ hot plate is very hot add a little oil and spread evenly. Toss marinated chicken on BBQ and fry remembering to keep it moving as the soy will tend to stick. Once chicken is cooked (firm to touch) remove at once, place in a serving bowl.
- To roll your bread, place all the filling you desire in the centre of the bread. Fold up the bottom edge and then turn plate 90°. Now roll, the bottom edge will catch all the juices.