Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my husband's special dish he makes us for a treat. The flavours are lovely and he impressed me with it before we were married - I couldn't believe he'd cooked it! (I've since learned he is a good cook but keeps it quiet) He normally serves with some fresh steamed broccoli. As its so easy to make he passed the recipe onto a friend who wanted to impress his girlfriend but he didn't serve with any veggies and it does need something with it that's not baked - although she was impressed with the dish she told me. You can play around with the quantities to suit you as long as the basic ingredents are there. Enjoy!
- 14 ounces lamb necks (lamb neck Fillet)
- 8 fresh tomatoes
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs, of your choice (normally we use Italian mixed and basil)
- salt and pepper
- Cube the neck fillet and place on the base of a 9inch square oven dish.
- Change the dish size to suit you but we normally have enough lamb to cover the base of the dish - this makes a large meal for us two!
- Salt and pepper the lamb.
- Then cube feta cheese and sprinkle over the top.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and layer over the top so that the dish is covered.
- Sprinkle on dried herbs.
- Sprinkle over the olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 60 to 90 mins (we normally go for 90) at Gas mark 5 or 190°C.
- Half way through the baking time take the dish out and use a baster to draw out the juices at the bottom of the dish and squirt on the top.