Recipe by shimmerchk
These pork chops are tender, juicy and mildly flavored. Don't worry, the bbq sauce adds a minimal bbq taste, and if you'd like a stronger bbq flavor use more sauce! My husband normally doesn't like pork chops, but this is the only recipe in which he will eat and enjoy them. If you refrigerate the chops an hour or two before baking, the coating will end up a bit more crispy on top. But, if you are pressed for time like me, just spray the tops with cooking spray and broil until crispy after they have baked.
Top Review by Storm D.
These were AWESOME! I'm a garlic freak so I added a lot more garlic to the breading mixture than was suggested. I only made 2 portions along with stir fried mushrooms/garlic/onions, mashed potatoes and sweet corn on the cob. A summer time dish for November! I was looking for something different and this was def. it! thanks!!
- 4 -6 pork chops (3/4 in thick and rib cut works best)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine eggs and barbecue sauce until thoroughly mixed.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, pepper and onion salt.
- Dip chops in egg mixture, turning to coat.
- Dredge in breadcrumb mixture to coat both sides.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees for one hour.
- *Note: For a crispier coating, coat the chops ahead of time and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Or, after baking, spray tops of chops with cooking spray and broil until crispy and golden brown.