Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Really good different salsa. I am a CORN fanatic, so this was extra yummy! Got this from a teacher at a potluck in the teacher's lounge. It has to be good, cuz everyone knows how teachers LOVE to eat!
Ingredients for salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 large avocado, diced
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In medium bowl, mix first 5 ingredients of the salsa mixture.
- Mix dressing ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Pour dressing mixture over salsa mixture and toss lightly.
- Just before serving, add in avocado & toss again.
- Serve with "scoops" chips.
This was very well received. I used vadalia onion instead of the red onion. I omitted the jalapeno, due to some guests preference. And due to a personal preference I left out the cilantro. I prefered this better the next day, but it is good the same day also. Thank you for sharing your recipe, and I will try to post a picture this week. Made for Spring PAC 2008