1/4 Photos of -- Tasty-- Approved Golden Quesadillas
You know when cheese has gone from that melted stage to that yummy, golden crusty stage? For this quesadilla recipe, you can use mild, medium or sharp cheese, Monterey Jack, Parmesan, etc. Corn tortillas can be used in place of the flour tortillas if you wish.!Feliz Cumpleanos, TD! Local recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*Note: it may take one or two attempts to cook the cheese just right. Keep trying!
- 2In a small bowl, grate cheese and set aside.
- 3Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until it becomes very warm to the touch.
- 4Sprinkle the shredded cheese of choice onto the surface of the pan, spreading out the cheese to the approximate diameter of the tortilla.
- 5When the cheese starts to melt, lay the tortilla on top of the cheese and press it down into the melting cheese (this helps the tortilla to adhere.).
- 6Let the tortilla sit, undisturbed, in the pan for approximately 30 seconds. Gently test around the edges by sliding a wide spatula under the tortilla. Lift tortilla slightly to check if the cheese has turned golden and is sticking to the tortilla.
- 7Once the cheese has stuck, slide the spatula completely under the tortilla and flip it over to brown the other side.
- 8Slide tortilla onto a platter.
- 9If desired, top with your favorite quesadilla fillings like guacamole, shredded lettuce, salsa, black olives, sour cream, etc.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for -- Tasty-- Approved Golden Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 554.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g