Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
You know when cheese has gone from that melted stage to that yummy, golden crusty stage? For this quesadilla recipe, you can use mild, medium or sharp cheese, Monterey Jack, Parmesan, etc. Corn tortillas can be used in place of the flour tortillas if you wish.!Feliz Cumpleanos, TD! Local recipe.
- *Note: it may take one or two attempts to cook the cheese just right. Keep trying!
- In a small bowl, grate cheese and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until it becomes very warm to the touch.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese of choice onto the surface of the pan, spreading out the cheese to the approximate diameter of the tortilla.
- When the cheese starts to melt, lay the tortilla on top of the cheese and press it down into the melting cheese (this helps the tortilla to adhere.).
- Let the tortilla sit, undisturbed, in the pan for approximately 30 seconds. Gently test around the edges by sliding a wide spatula under the tortilla. Lift tortilla slightly to check if the cheese has turned golden and is sticking to the tortilla.
- Once the cheese has stuck, slide the spatula completely under the tortilla and flip it over to brown the other side.
- Slide tortilla onto a platter.
- If desired, top with your favorite quesadilla fillings like guacamole, shredded lettuce, salsa, black olives, sour cream, etc.
Oh my gosh, we LOVE these things -- you can make it with any cheese, any time, and any size tortilla! YUMMY!
This is such a fun recipe and it was easy once you get the hang of it. For me the trick was not to be in too much of a hurry with flipping the tortilla and cheese over giving it time to reach the right stage. I like this so much better than regular quesadilla and instead of a snack had it for breakfast. Added salsa and sour cream to the topping when eating and it was a pleasant light breakfast. I'm thinking even the grandkids will like this one - specially if I add a few pepporonis to it on completion. Made for ZWT 8 the Mexican leg
this is a good snack after the tortilla was on cheese i twirled it a little to get even distributioni used swiss cheese and flour tortilla really good stuffzaar world tour 8