Recipe by Anita Harris
Love this pie! It's just like eating pecan pie without the pecans.
Top Review by The Bob
I've never found a recipe said to taste like something else, that tastes like something else. This is no exception. It doesn't taste like, or look like pecan pie. But it is TASTY, and it tastes like APPLESAUCE. Let's leave it at that!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450.
- Combine applesauce, brown sugar, eggs, crisco, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; mix well.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 mins; reduce heat to 300.
- Continue baking for 45-55 mins or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Coool thoroughly on wire rack before cutting.