Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Very easy and tastes much richer than the cost to prepare. Unique flavor and smells so good baking.
Make and share this Tasty Apple Pork Chops & Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork chops, trimmed (4-6)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup apple juice or 2⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onions or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 4 -6 baking potatoes (optional)
- Place pork chops in deep baking dish.
- Mix soup, apple juice or cider, onion, thyme, soy sauce and garlic powder and pour over chops.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until chops are no longer pink.
- Optional: Put oiled baking potatoes in the oven with chops, and they will be ready at the same time- dinner is served!
This was delicious! I put some frozen O'Brien potatoes (1 cup for each chop) under the pork. Instant, yummy side dish!
The recipe was simple to put together. I did substitute unsweetened apple sauce for the apple juice. The salt in the soy sauce and soup was perfect; however, I think it needed something more. Next time I will increase onion to 1/2 C and will add 1-2 cloves garlic. I also like tarragon, especially when using apples, so I'll sub next time to see how it goes. Thanks or sharing!
The way this recipe is written, it is kind of bland and really needs fixing up. I was unsure if I was to bake these covered or uncovered. I chose covered to keep the chops moist. I seasoned my chops with Emeril's Essence and pepper and browned them in olive oil first. To the sauce mixture, I added fresh garlic, shallot, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of rosemary garlic seasoning and only a pinch of thyme . When the chops were done, I felt the sauce was lacking something and I was unimpressed , so I poured it into a saucepan and added 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a slurry of 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon cold water and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. I thickened the gravy and it was much improved. I will enjoy this recipe again, with my changes.After that , it is five stars and we enjoyed it very much! Thanks for posting.