Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great tartar sauce to go with fish, seafood, sandwiches or even on baked potatoes. I got the inspiration for it from "The Essential Seafood Cookbook" by Murdoch Books, but I tweaked it a fair bit too! I prefer to use my Best Ever Homemade Mayonnaise, but most whole egg mayos will do the job. You can vary the amounts depending on taste, but it's very hard to mess it up, even when you forget an ingredient or two, as I often do!
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Dried dill can be used instead of fresh dill, but halve the amount.
- Serve cold or room temperature with fish, or indeed anything you think it may go with!
very good tartar sauce, and I never thought of using capers before. I used a lot of dill and no parsley
Quick, easy and nice flavor. I did add about an extra tablespoon of lemon as we like ours with a good tang. Served with Real English Fish and Chips With Yorkshire Beer Batter I think I'd have enjoyed it with the dill pickle relish too. But good as it stands.
This is the best tartar sauce ever! The only change I made was to add 1 tsp DILL pickle relish. This may be because I didn't have enough fresh dill, though. It was wonderful. Even Gato ate it and he doesn't like tartar sauce! If you like spicy consider adding 1-3 chopped chipotle (in adobo) chiles. That was GREAT also!