Recipe by Ridgely
This is a different spin on making quiche and it is delicious. To prevent the crust from becoming too brown I like to cover the pie shell crusts around the edges with aluminum foil until the last 10 minutes or so of baking.
Top Review by omm nadia
Very simple and tasty quiche. I used sweet onions sauteed in marg, instead of green onions. I filled only 1 pie crust instead of 2. I think the green onions would add nice color will try next time. Thanks for recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 9-inch deep dish pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ham, cheese, green onion and flour; toss together and spread on the bottoms of the pie shells.
- In a bowl beat eggs.
- Add milk and soup, blend thoroughly.
- Pour egg mixture over ham and cheese.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Note: This recipe originally said it fills 1 pie shell, but I think it fills two plenty.