Recipe by *Marli*
An old work friend of mine used to make this pasta salad for parties, it is so good I just had to get the recipe out of her! You can use other shaped pasta but bowtie looks the best & holds the other ingredients well.
Top Review by whisks
this is a australian women's weekly recipe which i have been using for years and is known as "the best pasta salad". i agree that it is tasty and looks pretty with the bow ties. i think it's the pine nuts which set it apart from the rest.
- 500 g bow tie pasta
- 200 g thin sliced salami
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the pasta until tender, drain& allow to cool.
- Slice the mozzeralla cheese, salami& sundried tomatoes into thin strips, about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Add to the cooled pasta.
- In a food processor blend all the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta& toss to coat.