Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
We make this in my family whenever there is a get-together of any kind. I also make them at home for dinner because I refuse to eat green beans any other way now!
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package sausage links (smokey links)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans (we like the Wal-mart brand 'cause they are the most crisp)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion (optional)
- Slice smokey links into about 6 pieces each and fry for a few minutes to release juices in bottom of a medium saucepan or pot.( or u can cook in microwave for 2 minutes).
- Add cans of green beans with juices to the pot and season with salt and pepper and onion if using.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 5-10 minutes. (the longer you simmer the softer your beans will be).