Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was given this recipe by a friend who assured my these were very simple and the tastiest cookies ever--and you know what? She was right!! I usually double the recipe because they disappear so quickly!!! You don't have to add the chocolate chips separately, but I find it easier if I want a an even distribution of chocolate chips. You can of course add walnuts or peanuts if you want.
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon imitation vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 g chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips in a bowl, with a wooden spoon until mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips, again mixing with wooden spoon.
- Place 2 tablespoon-sized balls of mixture on a lined baking tray, about 5cm or 2 inches apart. Flatten them to about 1cm high.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree celcius oven for 8-10 minutes (for chewy), 10-13 minutes (for crispy on edges), and 13-16 minutes (for crunchy cookies).
Delicious! Even though I used just white sugar as I had no brown. Really easy too.