Recipe by Psychic-Medium T.
I learned this recipe so long ago from a neighbor who had little time and lots of kids. 8 quart soup/stock pan
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ginger powder (adjust to your liking)
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy sauce (adjust to your liking)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, add 4-6 cups of water.
- Set to high heat to begin boil.
- add skinned chicken thighs(may add more water to cover all chicken).
- add 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- and 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- All these ingredients (except chicken) can be adjusted to your palate.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn down heat to low boil and cover.
- after 40 minutes remove lid and allow liquid to boil down till about 3/4 cups are left.
- Turn over all pieces of chicken, taste sauce for taste and add pepper and salt to taste.
- Finally, add 1/4 cup sugar (the key is adding a little to each chicken thigh) and the rest to the liquid.
- It's key to stay over the dish tasting for perfection, and watching for caramelizing of the liquid. As soon as it begins, turn heat off, so you have sauce to drizzle over the dish later.
- Serve over rice, or noodles, drizzle with sauce and enjoy, without a guilty conscious.