Well someone thinks so. This is an adaptation, not a secret recipe.
Make and share this Tastes Like Yocco's Hog Dog With Chili Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Make the chili--soak ground beef in cold water for 30 minutes and drain; this ensures that the beef will remain free of lumps and cook up into the proper consistency typical of Coney- and Texas-style sauces.
- Place drained beef in a medium saucepan; add onion and spices, and mix well.
- Stir in the 2 cups water and place over medium heat.
- Cook the chili, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, or until it thickens.
- The chili may be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Assembly: place hot dogs in buns and top with mustard, chili, and onion; serve immediately.