Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My MIL loves Mark's Feed Store's Red potato salad. I tried several different recipes and she thinks this is the closest in flavor to the other's I tried. Maybe...maybe not, but we like it alot!! Update 6.2.10 thanks to everyone on http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/33640 for trying the recipe as well.
- 3 lbs unpeeled red potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add red potatoes, cook til tender but firm, (about 15 minutes). Drain cooked potatoes, cool & then chop into 1 inch cubes.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl whisk together mayo, milk, vinegar, green onions, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Bring eggs to a boil, cover and let eggs stand in hot water 10 minutes, cool, peel & dice.
- Add potatoes to the mayo mixture, mix well covering all potatoes, then add the eggs & celery.
- Chill 2 hours, serve & ENJOY!
The best potatoe salad ever!! Family always requests this for cookouts and get togethers. They love it!!
Not even close! Mark's has hard boiled eggs, green onions, potatoes, and celery seed (not chopped celery). I am trying to figure out if there is sour cream AND mayo and the ratio of each in the original version.
This is a really good recipe. My sisters and I all agree that it is the best reproduction that we have tried. We have been on a mission to try to copy Marks recipe. The only thing that we think that needs to be added is a little bit of celery seed. We tried it and it was terrific!