Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup is delicious served with garlic bread. Recipe is from Paula Deen.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles
- 1 (5 ounce) package parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) boxitalian seasoned croutons
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In large Dutch oven, combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook over medium -high heat, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is browned and crumbles; drain.
- Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat broiler.
- Ladle soup into 10 ovenproof bowls.
- Top with croutons; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil soups, 6 inches from heat, 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Wow! My family LOVED this! My husband said it was the best soup he ever had!!! We love Italian sausage, so I did use half hamburger and half Italian sausage to give a little more flavor. I do this with most all Italian dishes. I did cook my noodles before putting them in the soup too, just to save time. AMAZING!! We will definitely fix again!
Very good. I stuck to the recipe pretty much except I used 3/4 hamburger and 1/4 italian sausage. Also I omitted the croutons, my preference, and used fresh mozarella instead of grated. I added more garlic and basil. This was not soupy, maybe I did something wrong, but it was still good.