Recipe by QueenJellyBean
A cheater lasagna recipe that tastes like the real thing but is tons easier!
Top Review by children from A to Z
I made this last night for dinner and everyone loved it. My husband makes the lasagne when we have it usually. This is a great alternative and half the work. I made this with homemade italian bread. Recipe # 175079. Thanks for a great dinner.
- 1 (1 lb) box elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or Romano)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and pork with chopped onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Pour in spaghetti sauce and simmer.
- Mix together the egg, ricotta and Parmesan. Add cooked macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- Place the noodle mixture in the bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Pour the meat/sauce mixture over the noodles.
- Sprinkle the top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes until cheese is melted and heated through.