Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I really do not like tequila, the smell or the taste. This tequila however is an almond infused liquor, it's very smooth and good. I like it better than amaretto. if you've never heard of tequila almendrado here is their website: http://www.almendrado.com drink recipe courtesy of this site too.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila, almendrado
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Jack Daniels Whiskey (or other whiskey)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can Coke or 0.5 (12 ounce) can Diet Coke
- Fill a glass with desired amount of ice. pour liquors.
- Fill the rest of glass with Coke or Diet Coke, it has to be Coke though, will not taste same with Pepsi.
- Stir and add a lime if desired.
I thought I'd try this with regular tequila, and it doesn't work. All I could taste was the whiskey and coke. Apparently the almendrado is the key. Will have to try it again. When I do, I'll be back to apply stars.