Recipe by doviann
Just like the mix made by tastefully simple, except its not $5 a loaf.
Top Review by Southernmamato3
Very simple. My family loves this recipe and we have spent our share on the TS mixes! Has a denser texture than the name brand, so I tried again and sifted the flour and sugar before adding the beer. That did it. Made it much lighter and is dead ringer for the origonal! Great recipe! Have made it numerous times at least a dozen. Dont miss out on this one!
- 12 ounces beer (not light or Corona)
- 3 cups self rising flour (per cup of flour called for by your recipe, add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt to make se)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with Baker’s cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar; stir in beer (you might have to use your hands to get it mixed thoroughly). Dough will be sticky.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan; brush top with melted butter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool slightly; remove from pan and finish cooling.