Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the easiest tasty bread you will ever make. It is amazing with chili or a dipping sauce such as a creamy garlic or spinach dip.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except melted butter together-stirring just until blended.
- Pour into greased bread loaf pan.
- Spread melted butter over the top of the bread during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Perhaps those who have complained that the bread is not the right consistancy have not been spooning the flour into their measuring cups or have been over stirring the batter?
I really really wanted to make this recipe, but didn't have self-rising flour...so I made my own using this fab recipe - Self-Rising Flour, Recipe #5247, from recipezaar - it had to be tripled for this recipe and I decreased the salt to only 3/4 tsp.! I also stirred it all together well before adding the bread ingredients. It worked beautifully and the bread is so delicious! I can't believe how EASY it was. I will be making this easy bread regularly!
I love this beer bread! I have purchased the TS mix so many times at the $5.50 a box. I made it for about $0.80. And, it came out tasting better than the TS version.
Just LOVED this! Followed recipe to the letter, and it was perfect, and SOOOOO simple. I can't believe I could have been making this bread forever, and looked like a rock star! I attended a TS party, and couldn't believe the price of $5 and $7 for S&H - but, I really enjoyed the tasting sample of this bread during the party. Upon further investigation (here!), I found this recipe, which mimics the original wonderfully! This one goes in my 'Keeper' file! :-) Thanks so much for sharing, mojoloh.