Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
I hate mayo, but I love hummus/tahini. A lot of dressings contain mayo, but this recipe combines tastes from different cultures, provides a healthy alternative and does not disappoint. People are always asking for the recipe and can make any salad into a meal. The tahini gives it a middle eastern feel and the lemon, garlic and ginger flavors really give it a kick! Easy to make, just needs a blender or a food processor. experiment with fresh lemon juice, fresh ground ginger, adding a bit more lemon or a bit less garlic, or putting a ground mint in. works well on anything, especially on simple salad... eg: romaine radicchio or buttercrunch...
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (ground sesame)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup tamari (soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or squeezed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- blend everything together in a blender or food processor.