Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
What could be better than a fresh peach and Prosecco bellini on a warm summer day? Why a cold refreshing bellini sorbetto of course! Made with the freshest ripe peaches, our tantalizing concoction of prosecco and peach is sure to tickle your tastebuds. Preparation time does not include time to freeze.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (or 16 oz. frozen peaches, thawed)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup prosecco or 1⁄2 cup asti spumante sparkling wine
- Stir sugar into water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a slow boil and boil for 3 minutes. Cool.
- Puree peaches in a blender; add cooled syrup and lemon juice.
- Stir in wine.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve in a cocktail glass.
- *May also serve a small scoop in a tall glass and add sparkling wine for a refreshing after dinner dessert drink.
Fun and very nice with the frozen peaches, although I'd like to try it again later in the summer with farmer's market ripe peahces. I liked it in the sparkling wine as a dessert drink better than by itself, but it was tasty either way. Made for the Daffy Daffodils ZWT4
Went out and got myself an ice cream maker just to try a few of the wonderful recipes posted for the world tour. Anyway, this was the first recipe I've ever done in an ice cream maker and I just could not have alked for more. This recipe is absolutely fantastic. I loved the sweetness of it and I can only imagine if I had really ripe peaches, just how much better it would be. Easy to make even for a beginner. Came out so decadent tasting! Loving every bite! Well done Team!! Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
I really wanted to stay true to this recipe, but unfortunately I did not have enough peaches that was any good and could not find frozen ones at our regular store. I did, however have some leftover frozen mango I just used for jam and apples. So, I used one peach, leftover mango, and one apple along with prosecco to make this sorbetto on this incredibly hot, hot day in Northern California. I used a blender to blend all the fruits and added other ingredients before processing it in the ice cream maker. This sorbetto made my husband very happy waiting for our burger dinner. I do think that sugar can be adjusted somewhat depending on the sweetness of fruits. I plan on cutting back on sugar next time since I'm really not into sweet taste - maybe 1/3 C to 1/2 C only. Thank you for coming up with this treat! We loved it.