Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful and simple Norwegian dessert traditionally made with cloudberries. Cloudberries are aromatic and rare berries that grow in the moors and mountains in Norway. Cloudberries can be purchased online or sometimes found in specialty stores. A close relative found in Alaska, Maine and Northern Canada is the baked appleberry. If you cannot find frozen or fresh berries, you can use cloudberry preserves. In that case, use less honey. While it won't be the same, you can substitute any local berry for a delicious dessert experience.
- 1⁄2 cup wild blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup cloudberries (or other local berry)
- 4 tablespoons honey, preferably heather honey
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, room temperature (Norgwegian SnÃƒ frisk if you can find it. If using regular cream cheese the soft tubs work best.)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Mix half the blueberries into the sour cream.
- Mix well, until the sour cream has changed color.
- Layer into four glasses as follows:.
- 1 tablespoon blueberry sour cream , 1 tablespoon cloudberries, 1 teaspoon honey, then, 1 tablespoon cream cheese, and finally 1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumbs. Continue layering until you have 2-3 layers and you have used up all the ingredients. Top off with cloudberries and honey.