Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild thick & chunky salsa
- salt and pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a zip-top, heavy-duty plastic bag; shake well.
- Add chicken; seal and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Add butter and lime rind; toss well and keep warm.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, and cook 10-15 minutes or until done, turning once.
- Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring until lightly browned.
- Add salsa, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Arrange pasta and chicken on plates; top with salsa mixture.
My husband and I loved this.I made some minor adjustments for our tastes. I added some salt, pepper, and another tablespoon of lime juice to the chicken marinade and used medium salsa because we like a little more spice. I really liked the lime flavor incorporated into the the noodles. The was very easy to make and had a nice zingy taste. Thanks Nurse Di.