A zingy, Tex-Mex cheesy bite with a taste as big as Texas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely ground
- 2 cups corn chips, finely ground (Fritos Chili-Cheese flavor preferred)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (Gebhardt's preferred)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 lb butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 -8 drops Tabasco sauce (more to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients together, using a pastry blender to mix together until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- 3Add vanilla and pepper sauce to the melted butter.
- 4Combine the dry and moist ingredients, stirring well.
- 5Knead this by hand until dough leaves the side of the bowl.
- 6Drop by generous teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 7Flatten with a fork to make thin wafers.
- 8Bake cookies for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Remove to cooling rack and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- 10Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taste of Texas Cheese Bites
Serving Size: 1 (1440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 78.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice