Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A zingy, Tex-Mex cheesy bite with a taste as big as Texas.
Make and share this Taste of Texas Cheese Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely ground
- 2 cups corn chips, finely ground (Fritos Chili-Cheese flavor preferred)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (Gebhardt's preferred)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 lb butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 -8 drops Tabasco sauce (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, using a pastry blender to mix together until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add vanilla and pepper sauce to the melted butter.
- Combine the dry and moist ingredients, stirring well.
- Knead this by hand until dough leaves the side of the bowl.
- Drop by generous teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten with a fork to make thin wafers.
- Bake cookies for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to cooling rack and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Store in an airtight container.