Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Canadian Living Magazine. This sounds so refreshing!
Make and share this Taste of Summer Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 slices red onions (thin slices)
- 1 green onion, sliced
Orange Ginger Marinade
- 1 tablespoon grate orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Orange Ginger Marinade: In bowl, whisk together orange rind and juice, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and salt. Add chicken breasts; turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat; spoon any remaining marinade over chicken. Close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Cut buns in half; spread cut sides with mayonnaise. Sandwich lettuce, chicken, sweet pepper, red onion and green onion in buns.
Great sandwich! I love the marinade. Next time I will do like jonesies said and put some of the marinade in the mayo. Thanks!
Yummy little buggers! I added sprouts to the sandwich because I love them and think they are "summery" too :) I also reserved a little of the marinade and added it to the mayo for a zingy dressing to top my sandwiches! Thanks Charmie for posting this one and giving me one last taste of summer!!