Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this using what fresh vegetables I had on hand. Feel free to add in your favorite veggies! Use what herbs you have on hand and enjoy!
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced very thin (I use mandoline)
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced very thin
- 1-2 ear fresh corn, kernels removed
- 44.37 ml green onions, sliced thin (or use chives or red onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin (or green) (optional)
- 9.85 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml goat cheese, crumbled (or use feta or cheese of choice or leave out)
- 44.37 ml red wine vinaigrette (or to taste)
- Mix all the veggies and herbs in a bowl.
- Pour in dressing and toss to mix.
- Divide the mix between 4 salad bowls.
- Sprinkle each salad with cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Lovely summertime flavors. Enjoyed the clean fresh taste. All the fresh herbs are really great. Made as written with medium large squash as that was all we could get. Used only two tablespoons of a really good red wine vinaigrette. Thanks for the post.
I made 1 serving of this to take for lunch today and after a taste I'm already wishing that I had made the full recipe. I used shredded parm since I didn't have goat cheese and it's another item that I can't get here in town. Love the veggie variety's flavors and colors. This grand salad and a few crackers on the side it just the thing! :D
Made this last night to go with BBQ steak, baked potatoes, and Honey-Baked Red Onions#49817...oh what a wonderful meal! I followed the recipe except for cutting down for 2 and I found out I was out of goat cheese so I used Feta...sliced the squash with the madoline on a very thin setting and everything worked out great. DH liked it very much but the first comment was squash...he licked the bowl clean. Thank you! Made for Cook-A-Thon for Sharon123 and Think Pink Cancer Awareness tag 2010.