Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great summer side dish that is simple to prepare but yields farm fresh flavor!
- 3 -4 ears white corn, husked & cleaned
- 1 -2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Cook the corn, drain, & cool (I microwave the corn six to eight minutes covered with wax paper --it's faster & it turns out much crisper). Cut off the kernels. In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, oil, and vinegar. Season with salt & pepper. Chill until serving.
- Note: I've even added shredded mozarella cheese to this!