Recipe by polly salama
These are great any time of year, but with home grown basil and tomatoes they are so much better tasting! Grill or broil so that the bread is golden brown on each side.
- 6 slices sourdough bread (sandwich style)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 large firm ripe tomatoes (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush each side of bread lightly with olive oil.
- Layer evenly with basil, tomato slices, mozzarella slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Make into sandwiches and broil or grill until cheese is evenly melted, turning to evenly melt cheese.
- Cook about two minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately.