Recipe by Rita~
This is a Cajun bread spiced with tomato, spices, garlic, heat form hot peppers. I read and was told you can not mix fresh garlic into the bread dough because the garlic will kill the yeast. I have and never had a problem. Just look at the picture of my bread. Be sure to place the garlic in separate corners from the yeast.
- 295.73 ml water
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 59.14 ml ricotta cheese
- 1064.65 ml bread flour
- 4.92 ml paprika, smoked
- 2.46 ml hot paprika
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml fast rising yeast
- 1 egg, mixed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water, oil, paste and cheese in bread machine. Top with flour, place the spices and garlic in one corner, salt and sugar in separate corners. Make a hole in the center and place the yeast.
- Set machine to dough cycle and press start.
- Lightly spray baking pan.
- When dough cycle has finished turn out on to a flour surface.
- Divide into 3 pieces making a rope of each.
- Place each next to each other. Start at center and braid to end and tuck ends under.
- Turn dough around and braid the remaining ropes and tucks ends under.
- Place the bread on the oiled pan cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove wrap and glaze the bread with the egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes.