Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
My hubby came up with this recipe based on a desire to have a rotisserie chicken in our Showtime Rotisserie but was a little tired of the same 'ol rub that we traditionally use. We are both HUGE fans of Indian Cuisine and therefore this fabulous recipe came to be! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! We have not experimented with roasting the chicken in the oven, but I assure you, if you can let the skin crisp up the same way that it does in a rotisserie..you won't be disappointed!
- 3 -4 lbs whole chickens
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.Soak thawed chicken for two hours in a mixture of 1/2 cup Kosher salt and enough water to cover.
- 2.Remove bird, rinse with cold water and dry thoroughly.
- 3.Mix together the garam masala, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and black pepper, set aside.
- 4.Rub entire bird with the olive oil and seasoning mixture.
- 5.Let bird marinade for approximately 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- 6.Place in rotisserie (as your rotisserie directions state) and cook for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until bird is done.
- 7.Serve with jasmine rice and Enjoy!
Very good. We enjoy making rotisserie chicken regularly, and this was a nice variation. The spice mix made lots more than we needed, so saved for next time.