1/2 Photos of Taste of India Rotisserie Chicken
3 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Marly Deschauer's Note:
My hubby came up with this recipe based on a desire to have a rotisserie chicken in our Showtime Rotisserie but was a little tired of the same 'ol rub that we traditionally use. We are both HUGE fans of Indian Cuisine and therefore this fabulous recipe came to be! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! We have not experimented with roasting the chicken in the oven, but I assure you, if you can let the skin crisp up the same way that it does in a rotisserie..you won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11.Soak thawed chicken for two hours in a mixture of 1/2 cup Kosher salt and enough water to cover.
- 22.Remove bird, rinse with cold water and dry thoroughly.
- 33.Mix together the garam masala, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and black pepper, set aside.
- 44.Rub entire bird with the olive oil and seasoning mixture.
- 55.Let bird marinade for approximately 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- 66.Place in rotisserie (as your rotisserie directions state) and cook for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until bird is done.
- 77.Serve with jasmine rice and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taste of India Rotisserie Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.0
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 14589.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 38.0 g