Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in Taste of Home. I've made this several times and everyone's found it to be delicious.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml biscuits or 118.29 ml baking mix
- 118.29 ml cornmeal
- 7.39 ml paprika
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3.69 ml poultry seasoning
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 6 onions or 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 slice tomatoes
- Pound chicken to 1/2 -in. thickness. Pour buttermilk into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a shall bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cornmeal, paprika,salt,poultry seasoning, garlic powder,pepper and cayenne. Remove chicken one piece at a time,allowing excess buttermilk to drain off. Discard buttermilk. Coat chicken with cornmeal mixture; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake,uncovered. at 400F for 12 minutes. Turn chicken. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until juices run clear and coasting is lightly browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato.