Recipe by Susie Chen
I found this recipe in Taste of Home. I've made this several times and everyone's found it to be delicious.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup biscuits or 1⁄2 cup baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 onions or 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken to 1/2 -in. thickness. Pour buttermilk into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a shall bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cornmeal, paprika,salt,poultry seasoning, garlic powder,pepper and cayenne. Remove chicken one piece at a time,allowing excess buttermilk to drain off. Discard buttermilk. Coat chicken with cornmeal mixture; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake,uncovered. at 400F for 12 minutes. Turn chicken. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until juices run clear and coasting is lightly browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato.