Recipe by Suzzy Q.
This recipe is our family's favorite. It is quite filling and very tasty. It easily satisfies one's hunger with one large slice.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups wheat flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 (10 ounce) tomato sauce
- shredded cheese
- diced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add oil and salt.
- Stir in flour, one cup at a time to form soft dough.
- Turn onto floured board, knead until smooth and elastic. (about 2-3 minutes).
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until size nearly doubles. (about 45 minutes.).
- Press into greased pizza pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Add any desired toppings. Cover with cheese of choice.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.