Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is our family's favorite. It is quite filling and very tasty. It easily satisfies one's hunger with one large slice.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add oil and salt.
- Stir in flour, one cup at a time to form soft dough.
- Turn onto floured board, knead until smooth and elastic. (about 2-3 minutes).
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until size nearly doubles. (about 45 minutes.).
- Press into greased pizza pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Add any desired toppings. Cover with cheese of choice.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.