Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1 jar macadamia nuts (3-1/2 oz) or 3⁄4 cup blanched almond, chopped (3-1/2 oz)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla: mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt: add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13 in by 9 in by 2 in pan, spread to evenly cover bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- cool on wire rack.
Really good for a change from chocolate brownies. I used two cups chocolate chips and left out the vanilla chips & nuts. My family loved them!
These turned out very flavorful, with a semi chewy center and solid mildly crunchy exterior. I would say these were more similar to bars than brownies! I used all white chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweets, and used whole macadamias which gave them a beautifully artistic look. They were served warm ala mode then drizzled with white truffle sauce! Thank you for submitting such a unique treat!
These are so YUMMY! I used almonds since I didn't have macadamias, but I thought it would have tasted even better with pecans. What can I say, I'm from the south and LOVE pecans! Anyway, I'm going to make these again for a wedding shower that I'm hosting later this month, and hope that I can resist my temptation to eat them up before the guests arrive! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!