Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy hamburger recipe that tastes great and, as a bonus, helps use up some of that zucchini!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packagelipton beef onion soup mix
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Form 4 patties.
- Grill or broil as you prefer.
- Serve hot.
I used saltine cracker crumbs in place of the bread crumbs and added about 2 tablespoons of green onion tops (chopped fine), since I had some in the garden. These are soooo good. I've fixed them 3 times already! The 2nd time I used yellow squash and white squash (look like ufo's) in place of the zucchini. Still turned out great. I'm planning on trying this cooked as a meatloaf. Have had 3 requests for this recipe. Thanks for posting.