Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my moms recipes, Sweet not stomach burning acidic. I love it so much I have eaten it for breakfast!
- 2 lbs green cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- In food processor shred the cabbage.
- In large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green pepper, and onion.
- Whisk together in a small bowl-the salad dressing, sugar, and vinegar.
- Pour over the coleslaw mixture, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
- PIG OUT!
This is the one I always use. I actually like it better than KFC's current slaw. KFC has changed their coleslaw within the last 5 to 10 years and I do not like it anymore. I'm glad I have this recipe to continue to make it myself! I do not use as much onion. Just a personal taste preference.
This is the real KFC Slaw recipe.I made this for Easter(tomarrow ) and it is right on.I love this stuff. Thank you for posting it.I will share it with all my foodie buddies.
I love coleslaw, but everyone else in my family is not so fond of it. This was very easy to mix up (i used packaged coleslaw mix). I also used regular mayo as I do not like miracle whip. It was nice and creamy and sweet, just like I like my coleslaw! I will be making this the next time I am hungry for slaw. Thanks.