1/2 Photos of Tassie Curry Scallop Pie
1 hr 20 mins
Peter J's Note:
I came up with this recipe after reading a forum request and concensus was that it was delicious. Adjust the amount of curry powder to taste, two tablespoons is relatively strong. You can also prepare a few hours in advance, pop it all in the fridge and bake later, which is what I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter potatoes and boil until soft, around 20 minutes.
- 2Slightly cool potatoes under cold running water, peel skin and mash with half a cup of the milk and then set aside, it will be runny.
- 3Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat and saute onion a few minutes until soft.
- 4Add curry powder and stir fry for one minute.
- 5Blend half a cup of milk with the flour.
- 6Add milk / flour fix and scallops to saucepan and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- 7Cook further two minutes continuing to stir, remove scallops and reserve.
- 8Add mashed potato to saucepan, mix well and return to low to medium heat, stirring constantly for a few minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10Cut scallops in half and return to saucepan along with last 1/2 cup milk and allow to simmer a further 20-30 minutes until thickened.
- 11Remove from heat and allow to cool while preparing the pastry, stirring once or twice.
- 12Allow pastry sheets to thaw for 10 minutes or so at room temperature.
- 13Place a 200mm (8") cake dish (must be around 50mm or 2" deep) over the top of one sheet of pastry and scribe around it with a knife to form the lid for the pie.
- 14Lightly grease the dish and fold the other sheet of puff pastry into the bottom to form the base. You may need some reserved pastry from the lid to tidy things up depending on the size of the sheets.
- 15Pour the cooled mixture into the dish and place the pastry lid over the top, folding the edges up and trimming as required to make it neat.
- 16Brush the top of the pastry with either water or milk and prick with a knife a few times in the middle to form some vent holes.
- 17Bake in preheated oven at 230°C (450°F) for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tassie Curry Scallop Pie
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.3
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 404.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 27.3 g