Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
from the wednesday circular of the rocky mountain news
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Lemon Curd filling
- 3 large lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- tassie cups.
- place all ingredients in a processor and pulse till mixture forms a ball, wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- preheat oven to 350.
- form pastry into 24 small balls.
- press into ungreased muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes or till light brown.
- curd filling.
- place zest and sugar into food processor and process till combined.
- add lemon juice and eggs process till smooth.
- slowly add butter to mixture pulsing as you go.
- place filling in a double boiler or use a glass bowl over simmering water and cook for 5 minutes or until thick.
- remove tassie cups from tins and spoon filling into the depression and serve.
- lemon curd is good for 3 weeks in a jar in the fridge.
- time includes chill time.
Easy recipe! I made the lemon curd for a filling in a lemon cake. It was delicous!!!!! I will definately keep this recipe handy. I am making the tassie cups for valentines day for co-workers!!