Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Australia/ New Zealand.
Make and share this Tasmanian Creamed Rabbit recipe from Food.com.
- Cook rabbits in a very little water, adding salt, pepper, a few cloves, a small pinch of grated nutmeg, a few peppercorns, a small onion and a bacon bone.
- When meat is tender, take it from the bones and cut up very small.
- Mix it with a little finely chopped cooked bacon.
- Make a rather thick white sauce using some of the rabbit liquor and the grated rind and strained lemon juice.
- Reheat the rabbit and bacon mixture in the sauce and serve hot.