Recipe by mrsmeduck
My Grandma, whom with my Uncle's family raises thousands of chickens to sell their eggs, got this recipe from an egg customer. It uses Henri's Classic Private Blend Tas-tee salad dressing. You can't find it at every grocery store. She uses this recipe now instead of her usual Miracle Whip and mustard based recipe. It still has a tangy flavor but it is sweeter than the Miracle Whip versions. I searched all over Recipezaar for this but could not find it.
- 1 dozen egg
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (Henri's Classic Private Blend Tas-tee salad dressing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Hard boil eggs, I recommend recipe # 24799, or use an egg cooker. Also do not use fresh eggs. Use eggs at least one week old eggs. Eggs will keep for a month in the frig.
- Cut eggs in half using a wet knife. Dip in glass of water before cutting each egg.
- Pop out yolks into bowl and set aside whites on a platter.
- Mash yolks using a fork or spoon until in fine crumbs.
- Add Tas-tee salad dressing and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into set aside egg whites.
- Sprinkle on desired topping, I like Season salt or just keeping it plain.