Recipe by Mary K. W.
This is an appetizer that my daughter came up with. The name comes from the piTA bread and the feTA cheese ... TA's, It is so simple to make, yet very tasty. I have yet to serve it and not get rave reviews on it. I have guessed on the amounts since when we make it, it's always just based on how much I want to have ready. I'm sorry I can't be more specific on the amounts.
Top Review by Jewelies
This made for a lovely, refreshing, summertime lunch that was enjoyed by everyone. I used some nicely ripe tomatoes and my favourite marinated feta and some lovely sweet basil to top it all off. Thanks for posting, this will definitely be made again.
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- 3 fresh tomatoes, sliced (roma or other small varieties work best)
- fresh pita bread
- 8 ounces feta cheese (whole, not crumbled)
- olive oil
- fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pita bread into wedges or small squares, about the size of the cucumber slices.
- Slice the cheese into small pieces to match the size of the bread.
- Onto each piece of bread, place a piece of cheese, slice of cucumber, slice of tomato.
- Once all assembly is completed, sprinkle chopped basil over the appetizers.
- Drizzle olive oil (sparingly) over all.